Tuesday, September 18, 2007

SIGH

WHAT A CRAPPY FOOTBALL WEEKEND! I don't think I can even comment on some of the garbage I saw. Ok, yes I can. But first, it has been pointed out to me that the opposing political party always gets their rebuttal televised. I knew there was always a rebuttal, but I guess I always turn the TV off before it starts. To tell the truth, I haven't even watched a presidential address for like 2 years. I still think it is ridiculous to let someone come on and just totally undercut the office of the presidency and its credibility. What does this say to the world? Totally stupid.

Anyway, I caught some of the Emmy's and although it wasn't as lame as the Oscars, I just can't help asking why these elitists need so many awards shows to pat themselves on the backs. I thought it was funny when Colbert and Stewart even made a joke about them having a show like this. Our society is so insane. Celebrity worship is lame. So many of these people are just slimebags, too. I only saw about 10 minutes, so I missed the more memorable parts like Sally Field getting censored, Katherine Heigl being snotty about someone mispronouncing her name, and Doogie Howser making crass comments towards the Heroes cheerleader girl. Dude is gay, so what genius wrote that in? Anyway, how many of these shows are there? People's Choice, Academy, Emmy, Golden Globe, and all the music awards, just to name a few. I guess what makes them so annoying is that together (music/movies/tv) there is an awards show on almost every other week. Plus, all the celebs mix into each others' shows. Music people at the Emmy's and movie stars at the music shows. They make me nauseous.

On to football. Ok, Utah annihilating UCLA??? What happened there? Now the Utes are going to go on about winning the MWC and strut around like they are the team of the decade. For whatever reason, they caught UCLA by surprise. I guarantee that if they played that game 10 times, UCLA would win at least 7. Utah will probably lose at least 2 more games to MWC opponents and this game will be the high point of the season. Unless they beat BYU, which looks more likely now. Then that will be the highlight because BYU is their bowl game every year. They get way more up for that game than BYU does. Unfortunately. BYU's loss to Tulsa is so typical of them. They get up and beat a Pac-10 team, play another one tough, then lose to Conference USA. Pathetic. Someone tell Kehl to shut his mouth. Every time some Coug starts mouthing off, they get beat. If they play even a quarter of defense, they win. And how about not shooting yourself in the foot with penalties? Finally, the Raiders. One of the most frustrating losses I can remember. The way they lost, or actually how the game was stolen from them, is just baffling. Denver is a team of chumps. Shanahan is a cheap chump. If that game had been at Oakland, the timeout would have been ruled too late or Shanahan would have called it earlier. I hate the Broncos. Even guys on ESPN are calling for a rules change because it was such a chump move.

No comments: