Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ode to Jeff-But you all might enjoy

My longest-tenured friend, Jeff, is finally getting married. I offer a big congratulations, and a hearty sigh of relief. It is about damn time. Dude is only 37 years old. I've known Jeff for 34 years. There's a lot you can say about a person when you have known them that long. We have shared many interesting experiences. There was the time we were at scout camp and we were working on our Environmental Science merit badge. We, along with our other friend, Lane, had climbed a huge old pine tree. Lane and I were up a bit higher than Jeff, and I suddenly felt the need to relieve myself. Number two, that is. Well, it was "look out below" and you better be good at dodging, Jeff. Good times. There was the time Jeff and John almost got in a fight on my birthday after seminary. One of the only times in history that John actually lost his temper. He kicked Jeff. Then they both felt bad and said sorry by the end of school. Ah yes, so many good memories. There was the time in seminary when I was sitting right behind Jeff, who was pretty much asleep slumping in his chair, and I had to let some air out, if you know what I mean. Well, I had no idea that some air could smell so rotten. Let's just say that Jeff made a huge scene as he was jolted out of sleep. A very loud "UNGH!!!" escaped him as he bolted upright in his chair. "MAN, THAT'S SICK!!!" Our seminary teacher didn't really know what was going on, so Jeff got scolded, while I, the truly guilty party, just sat there and laughed. By the way, that seminary teacher went on to give a fireside a few years later in which he claimed to know the exact date of the Second Coming of Christ. Then he moved to Sandy, Utah and became a polygamist. And who can forget how he so wonderfully reminded me how to swear like a trucker after my mission.
A good friend and I am very glad for him to finally find his own happiness. Way to go Jeff.

4 comments:

La Toya said...

Is that true about your Seminary teacher?

Sage Steve said...

Sure is. He was a real wackjob.

IndieFan said...

Thanks Steve for the props and the turd. I often wonder if we would still be friends if that flying turd would have hit me.

Anyways, update on our wackjob seminary teacher. Sad day, sad day (said with a swollen upper lip). He is now living somewhere in Utah and has given up his polygamy ways and now practices in some sort of new age religion dealing with meditation, energy and such.

Plus you shouldn't forget about the best one - leaving the tiny cutout pictures all over my room. Gee thanks Steve for the memories of thousands of parts of naked men.

Sage Steve said...

Ah, yes, the Playgirl magazine prank. Maybe I should create a post about that...That is odd about Bro. Call. You just never know about people. I wonder if we had anything to do with that...