Friday, February 22, 2008

Tyler

Usually I leave the family stuff to Liz, but I wanted to talk a little about Tyler's first T-ball practice. I couldn't talk him into wearing sweats, so he was in jeans. He didn't run very fast because of the that fact. Usually he is pretty quick, especially when I am chasing him to get him to do something helpful. There were a few other kids in jeans, so he wasn't the only one, but I think he will wear sweats next time. I have slacked off in playing catch with him, so I blame myself that he wasn't the best one on the team. He wasn't the worst either. He loved the hitting. I need to work with him on his catching and fielding. His throwing has always been his strong point. Ask a few kids who have taken a HotWheel to the head if the kid has an arm. One kid bled all over our couch thanks to a shot to the head from Tyler throwing a car at him. Luckily he doesn't do that anymore. Anyway, he can throw well and with some mechanics will probably be one of the best on the team in that department. The best part was the huge grin he had on his face most of the practice. He just dug it. I will probably be an assistant coach. His dimple was as deep as ever while he was going through the hitting. His one complaint other than that he was cold, was that there is a girl on the team. He did say he would like Brooke on the team, but not Audry. He'll get used to it. She wasn't the worst by far. I can't believe he is in T-ball now. Where did those 5 years go? He is a fun kid.

2 comments: