Thursday, December 6, 2007

Life and other TV thoughts

If you haven't watched the new TV series, "Life", Wednesdays on NBC, you should check it out. It is a pretty good show. Both Liz and I agree it is hands down the best new show on TV. It is probably one of the best shows on TV period. It just ended its Fall run, so you would have to catch up with it online, but it is worth it. Good show.
Heroes finally got good again the last 4-5 episodes before going on their huge vacation. Give me a break, I can see taking 2-3 weeks off around Christmas, but some of these shows don't return until Feb. or worse. They act like they are doing us a favor by running 10 straight new episodes in a row to finish the season. Um, pretty sure that is what they used to do all the time. The Fall season would start in Sept. and take a month break around Christmas. They would take Thanksgiving week off too sometimes. Then return in January and go until May. Only a few reruns in that whole time. Usually prompted by major sporting events on competing networks.
The team we rooted for won Beauty and the Geek, so that was enjoyable. This is a pretty entertaining show.
Getting pretty burned out on Amazing Race and Survivor. CSI and The Office are still great, although both suffer from the rerun bug too often.

3 comments:

La Toya said...

I totally agree with you on TV shows taking 2-3 months off. It is so annoying! In the past they would be gone for a month at the most. Lost is the worst offender! They would have 2 With the writers' strike maybe the writers can figure out a good story line because I can't take much more of not knowing what is going on.

I stopped watching Heroes. When the season started I couldn't stand Hiro being in whatever century he was in for soooooo long. They also kept adding so many stupid heroes that I just decided that I could better spend my time. But, now I keep hearing that it is back to being good again. Do you think it is really necessary to watch all of those episodes to know what is going on?


I tried to watch Life but I couldn't get into it. Maybe I will check it out since you so highly recommended it.

You missed some other good shows: Grey's Anatomy, CSI Miami, Private Practice and Samantha Who. lol



P.S. What did you think about Mitt Romeny's Speech about being mormon?

Sage Steve said...

Unfortunately you probably do have to watch those episodes of Heroes to get the last 4 or so. I don't even care about Lost anymore. If it never came back on, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, however, when it does come on again, I'll tune in. But, if it goes south again like season 2, I'm out.
UMM NO, I did not "miss" the shows like Grey's Crap, CrapSI Miami, and the others. Liz likes Samantha Who?, but I have not watched it.
I didn't see or hear the speech yet.

IndieFan said...

Hello...Hello...This thing on?