Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Return

I actually started a new post last week, but got really busy with work and such so I never finished it. Now having reread it, I decided to just start fresh. PEOPLE PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS. Even if it is one word just to let me know you've been here. It is discouraging to get nothing because then I feel less and less motivated to expound my infinite wisdom to you.
So please leave even a brief comment. You are even allowed to disagree with me. However, I might go Hillary Clinton on your butt if you do. Actually, no one is allowed to dare speak out against her or they get her eternal and unholy wrath. She is probably one of the scariest people in politics right now. I fear her. I loathe her.

Anyway, what can I discuss on this fine brisk day in Houston, Texas. Yes, it is actually in the 60s. It feels great. I was in El Paso last weekend for a Texas Social Studies conference. If you have never been there, don't bother. It is nothing to write home about. A direct quote from my dad describes it, "there's not much there." I'm glad I went because I was curious. Now I'm good, thanks.

Jeff informed me, and then I read about it later, of the shortcomings in LAX as far as not catching undercover officers with "bombs." Let's face it, we aren't that safe. I was watching the guy who looks at the screen while your carry-on goes through the x-ray machine, and he just didn't seem to be giving a whole lot of care to his job. I did not feel reassured. Plus they are telling you to not bring such and such liquids or gels, etc. If you put them in your pocket, you can carry them right through as long as they are not in a metal container. They don't pat you down, so I could have a sharpened piece of plastic in my sleeve and no one would know. Am I the only one who predicts another incident involving a plane soon?

So Marie Osmond fainted on Dancing With the Stars last night. I didn't watch live, but saw it on the news, so by then they knew she was all right. Doesn't she remind you of that aunt that you sometimes like being around, but also need a break from shortly thereafter? Personally, I think the whole show has lost its edge. The novelty has worn off. Plus this season's crop of B-C and even D list stars is not that intriguing. I want to see stars like William Peterson of CSI, Steve Carell of The Office, Kate Beckinsale (for obvious reasons, sorry Liz), Hurley from Lost, Hannity and Colmes, Oprah, and the main guy from CSI-Miami, David Caruso. Can you imagine the judges telling him to stop looking at the floor before every move? LOOK UP!!! How about Jeff Probst from Survivor, Jon Heder, and Jay Leno? Is Jessica Alba available? She did the lame movie, Honey, where she danced. Anyway, let's spice the show up. NO MORE unknown news anchors.

Apparently today (Tuesday Oct. 23rd) is some anti-abortion day. One of my students is being silent today to protest abortion or something like that. I will ask her more about it tomorrow, but am 100% behind her. Abortion is about as wrong as it gets. What really gets me is that so many people who support abortion are against the death penalty. So killing babies is ok, but not convicted mass murderers? I don't get it. I won't get up too high on my soapbox today. I just thought that was worth mentioning. We should all take a moment to think about it at least.

I went to Daddy's and Donuts at Tyler's preschool this morning. That was fun. It is cool to see him at school. He loves it and is doing well there. It is a sure bet that he will be more successful than me. Not that that is a very high bar to reach. He's a fun kid. Brooke is almost crawling. She can get around, but it isn't crawling. She is fun, too.

Well, I will add some more soon. If you are struggling with something and need advice, let me know. I'm almost always right. And never wrong.

5 comments:

La Toya said...

I check your blog all the time.


My current dilemma is I hate my job. I keep quitting jobs and finding new ones but I hate them all. Is it possible that everyone hates their jobs?

Anonymous said...

I have never left a comment on any blog and am just figuring out what a "blog" really is. If this makes you feel better, than here you go! I don't have an account and don't know if I even want one, so I will be anonymous today... I figured since I gave you a hard time about not updating this thing, I would at least let you know I DO look at it. Have a great day! MP

Emily said...

Steve, Sometimes it's hard to digest ALL of your opinions :). Just kidding...It's refreshing to get definite resolutions on things (although I do skip the sections on football). Go Red Sox!

Seriously...I check your blog for the info and Liz's blog for the adorable pictures. How cute are your kids! We miss you guys and love you lots.

IndieFan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IndieFan said...

Speaking of terrorism, I was forced to listen to the "Wicked" soundtrack last night. Whenever that girl sang "I want to be popular" Yeah? Well I want my mind back the way it was before hearing that song. And what's up with the dude baa'ing like a sheep. Maybe I'm not as queer as you all think!